- Research consensus for early childhood education backed in letter by over 500 researchers
- What does the evidence show on preschool?
- Early childhood education is a good we know how to do
- Why early childhood education now?
- Early childhood education is a continuation of an American tradition of promoting economic growth through education
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I was part of a live online chat today at MLive/Kalamazoo Gazette. The transcript of the chat comments and my responses can be found here. The chat was based on testimony I recently presented to the Kalamazoo School Board. The … Continue reading
I was interviewed by reporter Dustin Dwyer for a Michigan Radio special report on preschool that aired today. The “State of Opportunity” portion of Michigan Radio’s website has an edited transcript and audio of the special, and a guide with links … Continue reading
A recent article by Melinda Wenner Moyer at Slate got my attention with the following provocative statement: “Research suggests that preschool only benefits children from… disadvantaged families.” The article was in the contest of suggesting that affluent New York City … Continue reading
Over the holiday break, and inspired by the movie Lincoln, I read an excellent biography of the well-known Pennsylvania politician Thaddeus Stevens (1792-1868), written by the late Hans Trefousse. Stevens is best-known as an abolitionist leader and advocate for black … Continue reading