- Head Start impacts: the importance of the counterfactual
- What are the best paths to prosperity for localities and the nation?
- March 25 interview on WWJ Radio Detroit, “Every Kid Matters”
- The power of local coalitions: Kalamazoo’s progress on pre-K
- Recent “natural experiment” evidence for Head Start’s long-run effectiveness
Monthly Archives: August 2012
The Upjohn Institute has posted a recent working paper of mine, co-authored with my colleague George Erickcek, that looks at how different types of business tax cuts affect economic development goals such as job creation. The Institute’s website also right … Continue reading
I was recently asked how pre-K’s effects compared with the usual income gaps in kindergarten readiness. How much can high-quality pre-K do to help children from low-income families catch up to children from more middle-class families? My paper with Gormley … Continue reading