- Research consensus for early childhood education backed in letter by over 500 researchers
- What does the evidence show on preschool?
- Early childhood education is a good we know how to do
- Why early childhood education now?
- Early childhood education is a continuation of an American tradition of promoting economic growth through education
Monthly Archives: July 2012
The New York Times gave front-page coverage, on July 18, 2012, to a recent report by the State Budget Crisis Task Force. This report argued that states faced major long-term budget problems due to “rising health care costs, underfunded pensions, … Continue reading
I was recently asked to comment on a report by First Focus, which describes itself as “a bipartisan advocacy organization dedicated to making children and families a priority in federal policy and budget decisions”. This report, released on June 27, … Continue reading
In a New York Times column on July 10, 2012, David Brooks discusses some recent findings of Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam, who is best known for his work on social capital, most notably his book Bowling Alone. Putnam’s recent … Continue reading
A recent issue of The American Prospect has a special section focusing on poverty. This special section has numerous useful ideas for addressing poverty, such as expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit, increasing customized job training programs, and expanding career … Continue reading