- Research consensus for early childhood education backed in letter by over 500 researchers
- What does the evidence show on preschool?
- Early childhood education is a good we know how to do
- Why early childhood education now?
- Early childhood education is a continuation of an American tradition of promoting economic growth through education
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Why education is important to the economy, especially the local economy, and how business can help improve education
On June 13, I gave a presentation to a group of business leaders on why education is important to national and local economic development. The presentation then went on to review how we’re doing on educational quality, what the key … Continue reading
The Center for American Progress recently released a report on improving the efficiency of publicly-supported early childhood programs. This report includes many useful recommendations. These recommendations include national standards for pre-K learning, assessment, and data collection. However, I want to … Continue reading
ReadyNation has a new and improved version of an issue brief that summarizes my 2011 book, Investing in Kids. This issue brief summarizes the main points of my book, and accompanies this summary with some great graphics. Specifically, the issue brief … Continue reading
Most people use some simple principles to guide their judgments about public policy. I think this is quite understandable. Why should we expect most people to spend their time trying to interpret conflicting empirical studies? As a recent blog post … Continue reading