- Research consensus for early childhood education backed in letter by over 500 researchers
- What does the evidence show on preschool?
- Early childhood education is a good we know how to do
- Why early childhood education now?
- Early childhood education is a continuation of an American tradition of promoting economic growth through education
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Preschool is a cost-effective way of improving school readiness that can be implemented on a large scale
Julia Isaacs of the Brookings Institution has a just-released paper (March 19, 2012) that provides valuable comparisons of preschool versus other methods of increasing school readiness, at kindergarten entrance, for children from low-income families. The backdrop to this paper is … Continue reading
I recently gave two lengthy presentations on early childhood programs in Grand Haven, Michigan and Newaygo County, Michigan. My draft speech, which goes for 8 pages, is here. The PowerPoint accompanying this speech is at the link at the bottom … Continue reading